Tuesday 31 January 2012

Home from the city so nice they named it twice!

I came home from the big city last thursday and i think i've been in a state of mourning ever since; everything here at home seems too small! Where the heck are the sky scrapers when you need them? Honestly New york was one of the most amazing, surreal experiences of my life and I feel so privileged to have had the chance to ever have been there. The fact that people actually live there and don't bat an eyelid at the amazing views that surround them on a daily basis is unreal. It is like being in a movie.  Typically we did all the basic tourist things: the statue of liberty, the empire state building (the view is even better than any pictures i've ever seen), 5th avenue, central park, ground zero (shed a couple of tears, how could i not? Such a sentimental place!) and all the rest of it... As well as a tonne of shopping, though not as much as I would have liked to have done I have to admit. And ate like a true American, I put on about five hundred stone by feasting on burgers, chips, donuts and candy- but like they say, 'when in rome....' Obviously, i could go on all day about how amazing it was and list everything I did there in detail, but it would be most likely the most boring thing anyone has ever written. So instead i'm leaving it up to the art of photography to try and tell at least half of my story! 
I think i'd give almost anything to go back again and really can't wait for the opportunity to crop up again. Such an amazing and breathtaking experience from start to finish; if you ever get the chance to visit the big apple- do it!

xox

No comments:

Post a Comment